Sunday, May 13, 2007

Polymer exam & Spiderman III

Ha, weird title; the only relation that both has is that I did both on the same day. Lol.

Polymer exam, crab lor. The course was taught by 3 profs in 3 campuses, namely HKU, HKUST abd CUHK. Therefore, there are 3 parts to the exams. CUHK's part, was a bit crab. 2 Q don't know what he wants. Lol. So I just wrote some stuff that I think is the answer. HKUST's part, so-so. 1 Q also don't know what he wants. HKU even worse. The Q he asked, I think I can answer them without taking this module lor. Sigh. Not much challenge on the whole. A bit disappointing. I missed those exams in NUS, especially those of Prof. Hor's, Lai's, John Yip's, Martin's, de' Cruz's etc.

Following that, I went to catch a movie at diamond hill. I should have watch Spiderman III with my 2 best friends but since I am in HK, then gotta watch alone. I was a spiderman fan since I was 8 years old and I am glad that they brought the story to the movie. However, the storyline seems to have change to an almost unrecognizable state. Hmm people who don't read the comics feel that it's nice, good graphics, action packed, etc. Yah I agree. It's very realistic and many a times, the sound and visual effects made me jump a little. Ha. But I guess for all comics fan, deep down in their heart, they prefer to see the original version up on the screen.

Anyway, disregard all the above, the story on the whole was pretty touching, especially the last part when Norman Osborn came to help Parker. Also, the citizens of NY clapping their hands away, cheering was also a touching moment. Also, the part when Parker forgave sandman; hmm I think it takes a lot of courage and strength to say, "I forgive you". The ending was not good for Osborn died while saving Parker. :( I think Osborn did a noble thing, though I don't really like him in the comics (and the earlier 2 movies). Venom (Eddie Brock) was not too bad. The effects were beyond my expectations.

Whatever the case is, I am sure there will be a part IV coming. And be sure that part IV will feature a villain known as CARNAGE.PS: The actually storyline, in brief, should be something like this:-

Sometime in 1980s, Spiderman went to a distant planet with a group of superheros to fight the "Secret Wars". That was when he met the symbiote and subsequently, merged to gave the "black" spiderman. Following that, he discovered that the symbiote was trying to take over his mind and soul and decided to abandon it. He had a hard time taking it out and it was only with the help of Fantastic Four that he managed to get rid of it. That was when he discovered its weakness - intense sonics and heat. The symbiote hated Parker and found another host - Eddie Brock. Eddie also hated Parker for making him lose his job and since both of them shared this intense hatred, they combined to form Venom, which subsequently became one of Spiderman's greatest arch enemy.

Venom was "created" by cartoonist Todd MacFarlane and it appeared in Amazing Spiderman #299. He initially wanted to end it somewhere in #400 but everyone seem to love Venom a lot. So he thought, since I can't end it, why not "create" another one? That was when Carnage appears. Cletus Kasady shared the same prison as Eddie Brock in one occasion. When the symbiote came to save Eddie, it left an offspring in the cell and it binded to Kasady and gave Carnage! Carnage was very powerful, more powerful than both Spiderman and Venom combined. Both of them eventually put aside all unhappiness and join forces against Carnage. Venom is good by nature and he only attacks Spiderman. Carnage on the other hand, is a serial killer who kills for the fun of it. His famous saying is "I am killing you because I can.".

No comments: