Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Maybe I should just focus on hydrosilylation

Sick for the past few days. Flu followed by diarrhoea. Though not very serious but it is certainly irritating. :(

Went on a short trip to China last weekend for yum cha and to purchase my favourite Mongolian yohurt milk. Lol. Went there with Stella, a fellow schoolmate working on polymers. I was quite pissed with her friend though as she wasn't at all appreciative of Stella helping her to purchase a Nokia phone all the way from HK.

Gotta know my commencement date from the web last Friday. It was on 4th July 8pm. Not a very good time though as day photos will not be possible then. From another angle, it is also good that it is held at 8pm; that will mean that I will be able to return to ACJC to give a talk to the teachers on Chemistry Olympiad Preparation. Lol. 4th July happens to be on Wed and so they are free after 1.30pm. I will feel weird "teaching" the teachers though as some of them were my former teachers.

Sigh, maybe I should just focus on hydrosilylation. For the project that I found on my own, I kept getting TS of more than 40 kcal/mol. That's really bad. A bit low morale now. For a moment, I thought I found the perfect method to do it (B2PLYP) but it conflicts with frequency calculations. Last week, I tried HF (a not so good method) and it gives very good geometry. But alas, the TS energies are too high. Maybe I should just focus on hydrosilylation for now and think about other things in the future.

No comments: