Friday, June 08, 2007

Dreams & reality are poles apart

Indeed, dreams & reality are poles apart.

Went to see Prof. Wu just now. He sort of lectured me.

"You must stay focus! You only have 2 years here and almost half a year is gone already."

Actually it's my fault. He asked me to work on a project. I didn't actually work on it but went on to do my "dream" project. Then when he asked me to report to him my progress, I don't have much to report. So in order to prove to him that I actually done something for the past one month and not just slacked in the lab, I told him about this interesting stuff that I am working on. He didn't appear happy.

Ok it's my fault. Yah, I will focus now and stop "dreaming". I came to HK with a dream; it seems to be shattered now. I think I should place focus on my primary project and do those dream projects when I have the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having a dream is important to everyone, but dreaming without a firm ground means you can never seed the dream onto the soil and let it grow.

In many cases of our lives, we just try to enjoy what we have, even the things that we have are not the best in the world. Not only making me happier, often that gives me suprises and more than we imagine. Spending time trying to achieve a slightly far-reached goal is not a bad thing, but we gotta assess our situation. Afterall, we are always bounded to a rigid time-frame.